RDES Country Statistics Profiles
About the Project
The regional project Strengthening Regional Data Exchange System on Food and Agricultural Statistics in Asia and Pacific Countries (GCP/RAS/184/JPN) was launched in December 2001. It was the follow-up project to "Improvement of Agricultural Statistics in Asia and Pacific Countries (GCP/RAS/171/JPN)". These two projects were funded by the Government of Japan and executed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Latest News & Events
FAO will hold the Twenty-third Session of APCAS in
Siem Reap, Cambodia from 26 to 30 April 2010. The objective of this meeting
is to: (i) assess the current status of food and agricultural statistical development in member countries; (ii) inform the member countries about the FAO activities in food and agricultural statistics during the preceding biennium, particularly in Asia and the Pacific; and (iii) discuss new developments in agricultural statistics.
Afghanistan becomes new APCAS member: Following its attendance as an observer to the 22nd APCAS Session,Afghanistan has been recently accepted by FAO as a new member of the number of APCAS members to 25. The members of APCAS now include Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China People's Rep. of, Fiji, France, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. of, Japan, Republic of Korea, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Viet Nam.
FAO RAP Meetings
ADB/FAO conducted the
Statistical Capacity Building in the Asia and Pacific
Region: Workshop on Agricultural Statistics and Agriculture
Census at Hotel Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square,
Bangkok, Thailand, 2 – 5 November 2009.
More FAO RAP meetings
Click here to visit RDES CountrySTAT, a web-based statistical information system.
- Report of the Fifth Focal Point Meeting, Siem Reap, Cambodia, 7-9 March 2007 [PDF format, 554kb]
- Report of the Fourth Focal Point Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand, 5-6 October 2005 [PDF format, 304kb]
- Report of the of the Third Focal Point Meeting, Pattaya, Thailand, 12-13 October 2004 [PDF format, 125kb]
- Report of the Second Focal Point Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand, 27-28 March 2003 [PDF format, 335kb]
- Report of the Technical Consultation on the Development of the Regional Data Exchange System, Bangkok, Thailand, 8 August 2002. [PDF format, 463kb]
- Proceedings of the First Focal Point Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand, 6-7 August 2002.
[PDF format, 147kb]
More FAO RAP documents
Selected Indicators of Food and Agricultural Development in the Asia-Pacific Region